VanderSat Data Products Release Notes¶
Version 3.0: Champaign¶
The Champaign release improves X and C band soil moisture as well as the Teff (land surface temperature) product. For L-band only small changes have been made and in most cases there is little benefit in switching from V1 to V3 for L-Band. In addition, the product names have been extended to include satellite name and time/trajectory of overpass as an identifier. Changes in X and C band are significant and the signal is improved in all our tests. In general C and X band are closer to L-band compared to the V1 data.
|File type changes (updated flagging, QF files), climatology change for X and C band soil moisture and VOD, bias/slope correction for Teff, new api names|
|Note:||Because of the division between AMSR-E and AMSR-2 soil moisture as separate products data before 2012 and after 2012 needs two separate API calls to be retrieved.|
- Data flags have been changed (see Flags data file description for LST, VOD and SM)
- Data flags are now stored and served as
- Product names include the satellite information (GMI, SMAP, AMSR2, AMSRE)
- Product names include overpass/time information (ASC, DESC – Ascending, Descending)
- Updated rainfall/snow detection and filtering at the footprint level (all bands)
- Updated Teff corrections (Ka band)
- Update parameters (LPRM) for soil moisture and VOD (C and X band)
- Geometry fixes AMSR2 (C, X and Ka band after 2012)
- Removed extrapolation of Ka band footprints near the edge of swaths
As of version 3.0 the satellite and the time of overpass (currently ASC and DESC for ascending and descending only) are part of the API product name by default. An explanation is given in Product naming convention. Be sure to switch to the new products as soon as possible als the old products will de deprecated and eventually support will end.
|Old name||New name|
|SM-C1N_V001_100 (pre 2012)||SM-AMSRE-C1N-DESC_V003_100|
|SM-C1N_V001_100 (post 2012)||SM-AMSR2-C1N-DESC_V003_100|
Version 2.0: Vijfhoek¶
Version 2.0 is a pre-release version for specific areas only
Version 1.0: Haarlem¶
The Haarlem release improves the soil moisture, VOD and LST products by including better RFI filtering and processing of the 36 Ghz data. In addition, an operational service of the Derived Root zone soil moisture (DRZSM) is introduced.
|File type changes, climatology change in RFI areas, new api names|
- Soil moisture and VOD are now stored and served as
- Updated flagging for soil moisture, lst and vod (see Flags data file description for LST, VOD and SM)
- Improved metadata in tiff and netcdf files
- Updated RFI detection at the footprint level
- Updated Ka-Band processing to remove spatial artifacts (visible in X and C Band soil moisture)
- Improved intercalibration of AMSRE and AMSR2
As of version 1.0 the version number of the product is part of the API product name by default An explanation is given in Product naming convention. Be sure to switch to the new products as soon as possible als the old products will be deprecated and eventually support will end.
|Old name||New name|